The FTC has released its draft Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2018 to 2022 for public review and comment, as required under the GPRA Modernization Act of 2010, using guidance issued by the Office of Management and Budget. FTC’s last updated strategic plan was prepared in FY 2013. This plan presents strategic objectives for the next five years and details how it will be implemented in the areas of consumer protection, maintaining competition and organizational performance. The plan also sets forth factors affecting achievement of the goals. Public comments regarding the draft plan may be submitted through early December 2017.
Richard B. Newman is an Internet marketing compliance and regulatory defense attorney at Hinch Newman LLP focusing on advertising and digital media matters. His practice includes conducting legal compliance reviews of advertising campaigns, representing clients in investigations and enforcement actions brought by the Federal Trade Commission and state Attorneys General, commercial litigation, advising clients on promotional marketing programs, and negotiating and drafting legal agreements.
ADVERTISING MATERIAL. These materials are provided for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice, nor do they create a lawyer-client relationship. No person should act or rely on any information in this article without seeking the advice of an attorney. Information on previous case results does not guarantee a similar future result. Hinch Newman LLP | 40 Wall St., 35thFloor, New York, NY 10005 | (212) 756-8777.
Richard B. Newman
- Richard B. Newman Quoted in Bloomberg Law on How SCOTUS Decision in Liu May Have Significant Implications on the FTC’s Monetary Disgorgement Power
- Supreme Court Considers Viability of Disgorgement as Regulatory Remedial Weapon
- FTC Halts Alleged Online “Free Trial” Subscription Scheme
- FTC Stops Direct Mail Marketers’ Health Claims
- Proposed Privacy Bill Would Bolster FTC Enforcement Authority