The FTC has released its draft Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2018 to 2022 for public review and comment, as required under the GPRA Modernization Act of 2010, using guidance issued by the Office of Management and Budget. FTC’s last updated strategic plan was prepared in FY 2013. This plan presents strategic objectives for the next five years and details how it will be implemented in the areas of consumer protection, maintaining competition and organizational performance. The plan also sets forth factors affecting achievement of the goals. Public comments regarding the draft plan may be submitted through early December 2017.
Richard B. Newman is an Internet marketing compliance and regulatory defense attorney at Hinch Newman LLP focusing on advertising and digital media matters. His practice includes conducting legal compliance reviews of advertising campaigns, representing clients in investigations and enforcement actions brought by the Federal Trade Commission and state Attorneys General, commercial litigation, advising clients on promotional marketing programs, and negotiating and drafting legal agreements.
ADVERTISING MATERIAL. These materials are provided for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice, nor do they create a lawyer-client relationship. No person should act or rely on any information in this article without seeking the advice of an attorney. Information on previous case results does not guarantee a similar future result. Hinch Newman LLP | 40 Wall St., 35thFloor, New York, NY 10005 | (212) 756-8777.
Richard B. Newman
- Lead Generation Industry to be Turned Upside Down: Proposed FCC Rule Requires Consent Must be Secured Must be Secured From a Single Seller at a Time
- FTC Authorizes Use of Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs) for AI-Related Products and Services
- Direct Seller Beats FTC Pyramid Scheme and Income Claim Allegations
- FTC Adds Senior Executives That Allegedly Played Key Roles in Alleged Amazon Prime Enrollment Scheme
- Lead Generator Faces Devastating Civil Monetary Penalties for Alleged Telemarketing Sales Rule Violations